1. Before you reach for any products, curl your lashes. “It really opens up your eyes,” Tip: You want to curl your lashes, not crimp them, so use a light hand and apply pressure at two points: the base of lashes and the middle.
2. You may think that dark shadow will make your eyes look smaller, but strategically placed colour actually does the opposite. Using a stiff brush and a matte brown shadow, smudge the colour below your bottom lashline, sticking to the outside third of your eye. “Just press it in,” Don’t apply any colour on your waterline.
3. You may have heard you can apply white eye liner to your waterline to make your eyes appear bigger—which is true—but not very wearable. Instead, choose a pale, champagne hue. Apply to your entire waterline (the top, too!). If you’re still not getting the impact you want, try layering a champagne colour over white, which will deliver more punch.
4. Next, apply a wash of colour onto your lid using a flesh-coloured hue that corresponds to your skintone. “The colour should be slightly lighter than your skin and have shimmer, but no glitter!”
5. Apply a thick layer of mascara to your upper lashes.
6. A fan brush is an easy way to concentrate your mascara on the root of your lashes (which makes eyes look larger), without clumps on the tips of lashes (which makes eyes look smaller). Simply run a fan brush over a mascara wand and gently paint your bottom lashes.
The day before the pre-wedding shoot:
+ Get your eyebrows professional trimmed (if you are unable to do it yourself)
+ Slap on a mask before heading to bed // Moisturise as much as you can.
+ Apply a generous amount of lip balm too.
On the morning of:
Step 1: Start with a clean and moisturised face, then apply lip balm and make-up base.
Step 2: Use liquid foundation or cream foundation for stronger coverage.
Step 3: Apply concealer only on areas that need the extra coverage like blemishes, dark and/or red spots. You don’t want to have a caked-up face.
Step 4: If you don’t have bronzer or a darker foundation shade, you can always use brown eyeshadow for shading. Apply it around the corners of your face – near the hair line, the sides of your nose (for a sharpening illusion) and the jaw areas (for a slimming illusion). Once satisfied, set with loose/pressed powder.
Step 5: Using an eye primer to help your eye shadow last longer. For this tutorial, I used pink as the base colour and bronze to overlap it.
Step 6: Apply white eyeshadow just at the edge of your eyebrow bone. Highlighting your brow bone will help define your brows, and give your eyes a fresh and widening effect.
check out https://callofbeauty.ie
This solution is so easy, you can do it in your sleep—literally. “Sleep on your back with two pillows,” Zeichner says. “This will help fluids drain and prevent your eyes from getting puffy.
Read more at: http://www.byrdie.com
One for the Recipe Box: Homemade Hair Treatment With Rose Water
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup of rum
2 tablespoons of grape seed oil
Check out “before” and “after” makeup from #FashionWeek. #GregKessler and his Model-morphosis project shows off all the magic by makeup artists.
Full story here: