1. Before you reach for any products, curl your lashes. “It really opens up your eyes,” Tip: You want to curl your lashes, not crimp them, so use a light hand and apply pressure at two points: the base of lashes and the middle.
2. You may think that dark shadow will make your eyes look smaller, but strategically placed colour actually does the opposite. Using a stiff brush and a matte brown shadow, smudge the colour below your bottom lashline, sticking to the outside third of your eye. “Just press it in,” Don’t apply any colour on your waterline.
3. You may have heard you can apply white eye liner to your waterline to make your eyes appear bigger—which is true—but not very wearable. Instead, choose a pale, champagne hue. Apply to your entire waterline (the top, too!). If you’re still not getting the impact you want, try layering a champagne colour over white, which will deliver more punch.
4. Next, apply a wash of colour onto your lid using a flesh-coloured hue that corresponds to your skintone. “The colour should be slightly lighter than your skin and have shimmer, but no glitter!”
5. Apply a thick layer of mascara to your upper lashes.
6. A fan brush is an easy way to concentrate your mascara on the root of your lashes (which makes eyes look larger), without clumps on the tips of lashes (which makes eyes look smaller). Simply run a fan brush over a mascara wand and gently paint your bottom lashes.
This solution is so easy, you can do it in your sleep—literally. “Sleep on your back with two pillows,” Zeichner says. “This will help fluids drain and prevent your eyes from getting puffy.
Read more at: http://www.byrdie.com
Apply Vaseline around your nails. Be sure not to get any of it onto the actual nail; only on the cuticles and parts surrounding it.
Paint your nails with your chosen colour. Two or three coats is the optimum amount. No need to be neat about painting your nails at this stage at all! Give it time to dry between each coat.
Use the edge of your thumbnail to scrape off every trace of nail polish that did not make it onto your actual nail. The Vaseline makes it slide off very easily. To reiterate, only do this once you are sure your nails are completely dry and Voilà.