1. Before you reach for any products, curl your lashes. “It really opens up your eyes,” Tip: You want to curl your lashes, not crimp them, so use a light hand and apply pressure at two points: the base of lashes and the middle.
2. You may think that dark shadow will make your eyes look smaller, but strategically placed colour actually does the opposite. Using a stiff brush and a matte brown shadow, smudge the colour below your bottom lashline, sticking to the outside third of your eye. “Just press it in,” Don’t apply any colour on your waterline.
3. You may have heard you can apply white eye liner to your waterline to make your eyes appear bigger—which is true—but not very wearable. Instead, choose a pale, champagne hue. Apply to your entire waterline (the top, too!). If you’re still not getting the impact you want, try layering a champagne colour over white, which will deliver more punch.
4. Next, apply a wash of colour onto your lid using a flesh-coloured hue that corresponds to your skintone. “The colour should be slightly lighter than your skin and have shimmer, but no glitter!”
5. Apply a thick layer of mascara to your upper lashes.
6. A fan brush is an easy way to concentrate your mascara on the root of your lashes (which makes eyes look larger), without clumps on the tips of lashes (which makes eyes look smaller). Simply run a fan brush over a mascara wand and gently paint your bottom lashes.
From bridal parties, debs, Graduation to catwalk make-up in the Meath area check out http://www.prettysmartmakeup.com Lisa’s creative and artistic flair will leave you looking flawless on your special day.
Another talented Make-up Artist in Co. Meath SGC Professional Make-up Artist. For more information and to find a professional make-up artist in your local county check out https://www.callofbeauty.ie