1. Before you reach for any products, curl your lashes. “It really opens up your eyes,” Tip: You want to curl your lashes, not crimp them, so use a light hand and apply pressure at two points: the base of lashes and the middle.
2. You may think that dark shadow will make your eyes look smaller, but strategically placed colour actually does the opposite. Using a stiff brush and a matte brown shadow, smudge the colour below your bottom lashline, sticking to the outside third of your eye. “Just press it in,” Don’t apply any colour on your waterline.
3. You may have heard you can apply white eye liner to your waterline to make your eyes appear bigger—which is true—but not very wearable. Instead, choose a pale, champagne hue. Apply to your entire waterline (the top, too!). If you’re still not getting the impact you want, try layering a champagne colour over white, which will deliver more punch.
4. Next, apply a wash of colour onto your lid using a flesh-coloured hue that corresponds to your skintone. “The colour should be slightly lighter than your skin and have shimmer, but no glitter!”
5. Apply a thick layer of mascara to your upper lashes.
6. A fan brush is an easy way to concentrate your mascara on the root of your lashes (which makes eyes look larger), without clumps on the tips of lashes (which makes eyes look smaller). Simply run a fan brush over a mascara wand and gently paint your bottom lashes.
The Imperfect Beauty | Irish Beauty Blog: You Organic! | Orange & Ylang-Ylang Night Balm: Hello Lovelies! If you have been following me on twitter you might have noticed I have been having a mini freak-out about m…
The day before the pre-wedding shoot:
+ Get your eyebrows professional trimmed (if you are unable to do it yourself)
+ Slap on a mask before heading to bed // Moisturise as much as you can.
+ Apply a generous amount of lip balm too.
On the morning of:
Step 1: Start with a clean and moisturised face, then apply lip balm and make-up base.
Step 2: Use liquid foundation or cream foundation for stronger coverage.
Step 3: Apply concealer only on areas that need the extra coverage like blemishes, dark and/or red spots. You don’t want to have a caked-up face.
Step 4: If you don’t have bronzer or a darker foundation shade, you can always use brown eyeshadow for shading. Apply it around the corners of your face – near the hair line, the sides of your nose (for a sharpening illusion) and the jaw areas (for a slimming illusion). Once satisfied, set with loose/pressed powder.
Step 5: Using an eye primer to help your eye shadow last longer. For this tutorial, I used pink as the base colour and bronze to overlap it.
Step 6: Apply white eyeshadow just at the edge of your eyebrow bone. Highlighting your brow bone will help define your brows, and give your eyes a fresh and widening effect.
check out https://callofbeauty.ie
Applying makeup is not that different to painting a wall. If the surface is gritty and bumpy no matter what product you use the skin will look bad. I always ask brides to do a mild scrub before their makeup application this will remove the binding that stick the dead cells to the surface of the skin and give your face a marble like surface. Start prepping now to make sure your skin is at its best for your wedding makeup.
- Exfoliate twice a week to remove dead skin cells.
- Cleanse morning and night with a lotion based cleanser, water based foaming cleansers can be dehydrating as water is drying to the skin.
- Use a hydrating mask once a week.
We love and stock the clean skin active REN range in our salon. I cannot advocate the benefits of Vitamin C and retinol enough. I have a degree in science, specialising in anatomy and physiology aswell as being a beauty therapist for many years so i have done alot of research into aging. Retinol is a vitamin A derivative. Vitamin A is the only vitamin to have a wealth of scientific evidence behind it for its anti aging effects. If you have enough time 3-6 months using these products would make your skin radiant for your wedding day. REN do a fabulous anti aging range. And Always apply your moisturiser 10 minutes before your makeup, otherwise your makeup will slip off and you wont give your moisturiser the chance to work its magic.
For your Body we love St Ives. Cheap and Very effective from Tesco or any pharmacy. Grains will leave your skin super smooth for fake tan application. And lastly the best way to hydrate your skin is buy drinking lots of water.
Our Headquarters are in Sligo. Our therapists and stylists cover Leitrim, Longford, Roscommon, Donegal. Mayo, Cavan, Fermanagh, Monaghan, Galway, Clare. We do a fully Mobile Service for Wedding Hair and Makeup as well as tan, nails and eyelash extensions in your area.
How long are you in the industry?
I have been in the Beauty industry for the last 7 years.
What is your favourite treatment?
Best thing about your job?
Being a mobile therapist, it’s great to be able to give ladies the opportunity to be pampered at home.
Who do you most admire in the industry?
Rachel Mc Adams
Remarkable Beauty offers a Mobile Beauty Therapy Service in Kildare, Monasterevin, Newbridge, Portarlington, Portlaoise & Tullamore.
For more information and to book an appointment check out;
or Call 085 820 5633
Malvina offers a professional Make-up Service in the Galway area. For more information and to get in touch, check out her profile here;
or Call (086)8668267
This solution is so easy, you can do it in your sleep—literally. “Sleep on your back with two pillows,” Zeichner says. “This will help fluids drain and prevent your eyes from getting puffy.
Read more at: http://www.byrdie.com